2011/05/29

A little touch of Battenkill

Well, sort of.

Rode out to Cambridge from Saratoga Springs this morning. But first, I flatted 3/4 of mile from the start. I pressed on even though I now had no spare tube and one Co2 cartridge left.

Route was a nice change from what I am used to: instead of short, steep climbs every mile or so, I had two very long, steady ones and a few shorter but shallower ones. Saw quite a menagerie of road kill, including a very freshly killed doe (I cropped out the icky part):


Route had me do about 2 miles of Battenkill-style hardpack but rest of it was very well paved rural highway and secondary roads. Legs felt great the whole time but my back, just as it did during the Battenkill race last month, started hurting at about 45 miles and kept it up all the way to the end.

Afterwards, I rewarded myself with the following at Uncommon Grounds on Broadway:





No comments: