2013/01/01

Filling in the (HUGE) Gaps - 2012 Wrap Up

Been quite a while since I threw anything up here so I figured I'd give a go at slapping together, in (few) words and (lots of) pictures, a rough summary of what I've done since April. I'm piecing this together through a combination of a review of my cycling log and the photos taken.









Spring found me doing quite a bit of solo MTB riding.




That is not to say that I did not enjoy the company of friends from time to time.




I suffered my share of injuries and insults...





Took the longest ride of my life in June...





Got organized.




"Innovated."




Got some new duds.




Got dirty.




Raced, a little.

© Tiffany Remy

Got hurt. Again. So I concentrated on taking photos.




Saw some interesting things.




Promoted and ran my first cyclocross race. I photographed it too.





Ate and ate and ate...











Drank some coffee...







In the meantime, I began to heal up and got back on the bike.






So grateful for all the new friends I made this year.

Said goodbye to a very, very dear one.




Perhaps this is all fairly typical for a someone who gets bit by the the cycling bug: ups, downs, memories both fond and not. Successes both great and small, failures both monumental and inconsequential.

Aches, pains and that "good kind of tired."



So I end 2012 with two goals in mind:

First, I will try to remember that although my experiences might not be all that special, the experiences of the people I meet seem special to them and I should respect that. Always.

And the other goal is to...




Thanks for reading!

No comments: