2009/05/14

It's all downhill from here!

I wish. In fact, I have issues with hills. Well, not me but my legs, my legs have issues with hills. And my lungs. Apart from my legs and my lungs, hills are not a problem. But I'm getting ahead of myself...
I've created this blog as an extension of the riding log I've been keeping for the last three years. I plan on using this space to post not just some of the raw numbers that I collect from each ride, but also ruminations on diet, bike maintenance and observations I make while riding.
I'm a 48 year old photographer, husband and the father of an eight year old daughter. I've been serious about cycling three times in my life with the third beginning in the summer of 2006. Believe it or not, I was riding this Bianchi Nuovo Racing, right up until last summer:
I'm now own an '07 LeMond Alpe d'Huez.
I'm starting this season with very little winter training. I'm 10 lbs. over my usual "fighting weight" and can barely manage 17.5 mph over a 20 mile course that I could complete in an hour last year. I've reconciled myself to the fact that all I have brought forward from last season is experience but am optimistic that I can claw my way back to the same level of fitness I had in the summer of '08.

No comments: