2009/06/28

Catching Up

Eked out a couple of nice days for mini-vacation on Thursday and Friday although my daughter capped it by barfing in the hallway at 2 a.m. which cut sleep time to about 3 1/2 hours before I had to wake and head to CT for the MRC Twilight Crit. to Benefit Cystic Fibrosis.

The day at the races was enjoyable enough for a) not racing b) only actually seeing 3 of the races. The weather was about the best we've had around here all month. Sunny, dry, not much wind. I spent the morning with Bill P and Gary S of the MRC at the entry gate, having people sign a liability waiver required by the track.

When the juniors prepared to race, I left the gate, grabbed my camera and headed for the track. Next thing I know, I've squeezed off 1000 frames over the course of 3 races: the juniors, women's 3/4 and the men's 3/4 (I could be wrong about the class on this one). I wish I could have stayed longer (more MRC members raced later) but had to go at 4 p.m. I'll have some of the photos on my flickr page by tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: