Distance: 35.8 mi.
Avg. Speed: 20.46 mph
Weather: 66º, 88% humidity, wind ENE 8, mist/rain
Song stuck in head: It's Over - Boz Scaggs
Heading out of town early tomorrow so a quick synopsis of tonight's MRC Wednesday ride:
- mist/rain started just as soon as we gathered to ride
- big group: 14 cyclists at the start
- idiot driver passed our paceline on a blind incline, nearly had a head-on collision with another car
- idiot ME followed Pattie too close, crossed wheels, nearly crashed but recovered
- felt good up Oak Hill, was last though but closer to pack than ever before
- kept up for Fruitlands and Bear Hill climbs, recovered well for descents
- minor pre-cramps on Taylor/S. Acton Road return trip
- best time for this route by one minute
All-in-all very pleased with my performance.
Three days no riding: mini-cation w/family then working registration at the MRC Twilight Criterium to Benefit Cystic Fibrosis on Saturday - hopefully I'll get the chance to take some photos then too!